Everyday Items for Great Value at eBay
eBay is the place to go to for all your buying and selling needs. This e-commerce company is an American brand, based in California’s city of San Jose, operating business-to-consumer and consumer-to-consumer sales via its website. It is your one-stop-shop for all kinds of supplies ranging from electronics, motors and sports goods to fashion, home décor and health/beauty products. What sets them apart is their focus on partnering with sellers, rather than competing with them.
The company’s mission is to be every customer’s favourite destination and a globally loved brand for finding unique selection and great value. eBay provides sellers with the solutions, platform and support for growing their businesses. The company’s vision for commerce is powered by technology, enabled by people and open to each and everyone.
Visit their site to shop for the best quality merchandise and check for ebay coupons during special offers.
History of eBay
eBay (originally named as ‘AuctionWeb’) was founded in the year 1995 by Pierre Omidyar, who started off with online auctions and person-to-person transactions. As the transaction volume and website traffic increased, the business that he started as a hobby had to be upgraded to a business account. He began to charge eBay users and also hired Chris Agarpao to help him with additional tasks. In 1996, Jeffrey Skoll became the first new president of eBay and the company continued to see phenomenal growth in the coming years.
AuctionWeb was renamed to eBay in 1997 and Meg Whitman became the CEO and president of eBay in March 1998. eBay went from being private to public on September 21, 1998. With 30 employees, $4.7 million revenue in the U.S. and half a million users, the company grew immensely to have the highest number of users among all other ecommerce websites by the year 2001. The year 2002 saw the purchase of iBazar and PayPal by eBay and by 2008, the company had reached the global marketplace, with 15,000 employees, millions of registered users and revenue of $7.7 billion. John Donahoe was appointed as the company CEO and president in March 2008 and in 2009, eBay sold Skype for $2.75 billion.
In 2017, eBay and Flipkart became partners, and Flipkart made a decision to use eBay’s platform for the purpose of global outsourcing. Today, eBay is one of the top 10 global retail brands, with buyers in over 190 markets, 1.3 billion live listings and 182 million active buyers from across the globe.
Products Sold by eBay
Buy great quality products at eBay online and enjoy discounts during special offers. Listed below are some of the product categories available on eBay.
Fashion and Health and Beauty – Find an excellent collection of clothing, jewellery, footwear and accessories for men and women at affordable prices. You can also shop for your favourite beauty and health products like fragrances, makeup, hair care, skincare and more.
Electronics and Cameras – Now shop for the best quality electronic goods, and cameras and accessories simply by logging on to eBay.
Home – Find everything that you need for your beautiful home and garden, such as lamps, lightings, art supplies, pet supplies and much more on eBay.
Make sure to check for the ebay coupons and ebay discount codes before you proceed with shopping.
|eBay Product Category||Products|
|Electronics||Mobile Phones & Accessories, Home Audio Stereos, Components, MP3 Players|
|Cameras||Digital Cameras, Lenses & Filters, Camcorders|
|Fashion||Men’s Clothing, Women’s Clothing, Women’s Accessories|
|Computers & Tablets||iPads, Tablets, eReaders, Laptop & Desktop Accessories|
|Jewellery & Watches||Watches, Loose Diamonds & Gems, Fashion Jewellery|
|Toys||Action Figures, Building Toys, TV, Movie & Character Toys|
|Collectables||Animation Art & Characters, Breweriana, Beer, Trading Cards|
|Home||Home Furniture, Major Appliances, Kitchen, Dining & Bar|
How to Shop at eBay?
eBay offers a simple approach to shopping. All the product categories are displayed at the top of the page, along with a search icon to search for a specific product and a ‘Sell’ option as well. The homepage also displays ebay promo codes and other discounts.
1. Select your preferred category and sub-category. Choose a product of your choice from the displayed list.
2. The product description, along with its price, a ‘Buy it Now’ button, an ‘Add to Watchlist’ button, description and payments will be displayed. You may go back to browse a different product or select the quantity and click ‘Buy it Now’. Sign in (if you are already a member) or create a new account, and enter your shipping address. The product will be added to your cart, after which you may continue shopping or proceed to checkout by clicking ‘Go to Checkout’.
3. Choose your payment option and enter the ebay coupon code in the given space. Click ‘Confirm and Pay’ to complete your transaction.
4. It will then display your purchase details, along with the expected delivery date of your product. An e-mail will be sent to you to confirm your order details.
5. Customers can find great deals on products during special offers. You can avail discounts by using the ebay codes on checkout.
Payment Options on eBay
eBay offers the following payment methods for your convenience.
Credit Card: eBay accepts credit cards for online payments. It accepts VISA, Master Card, Discover and American Express.
PayPal: PayPal is a popular online payment method that serves as a simple e-transfer alternative to the traditional payment process. eBay accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express PayPal cards for all your payments.
Personal cheque and money order/cashier’s check are also accepted.
Different Coupon Codes and Discounts on eBay
The website brings to you a number of offers from time to time. Some deals are offered for a long time while others are available for a limited period only. Customers can save a lot of money by applying the ebay coupons.
Currently, customers can earn cashback if they shop with the merchant via a registered account at ShopBack.
How to Shop on eBay using ShopBack
ShopBack offers cashback on products if you shop from eBay. These steps will help you earn cashback from ShopBack:
Step 1: Select eBay from the list of brands on the ShopBack homepage, or use the search box to find a link to the eBay website.
Step 2: Read the terms and conditions and other relevant information such as cashback details and tips to ensure cashback.
Step 3: Click "Activate Cashback" on the left.
Step 4: You can find more attractive deals by checking out the ‘Discounts + Cashback' section.
Step 5: On placing the order, you will be eligible to earn cashback from ShopBack. There may be a variation in cashback rates based on your history with ShopBack. Cashback offer is not applicable on purchases made via the eBay app.
eBay Purchase and Return Policy
The purchase and return policy for eBay are listed below:
- Refer the buyer rules and policies for detailed information on purchase policy.
- Returns: If you wish to return an item, go to My eBay, and under the purchase history, find the product you wish to return. Under ‘More actions’, choose ‘Return this item’ and as per the seller’s return policy, you will be connected directly to the seller. You will then be given a packing slip along with a shipping label, after which you can pack the product and ship it. Refer their Returns page for information on eBay returns. eBay also offers money back guarantee to customers.