The mission of “The Smarter Way” is to enable Singaporeans to make more well-informed decisions that are smarter and more efficient.
Are you a blogger, student, content creator or simply someone that has a wealth of knowledge to share with our community? This is your chance to be an influencer and have your work featured on the ShopBack blog, with a readership of over 100,000 per month. You might even be featured as our Top Contributor of the month!
What kind of content do our readers love?
Shopping – Our readers love shopping tips and hacks, especially special deals that will help them to save more money on their online shopping!
Savings – Got a nifty little trick to save money on public transport? Or perhaps some personal finance and investment tips? Our readers would love to know if you have any advice!
Travel and Things to Do in Singapore – Living on our Little Red Dot can get boring at times, so our readers love when we have interesting activities and places to recommend in Singapore. We love travelling too, so share your travel itineraries, survival tips and hotel recommendations! Some of our favourite cities and countries include Japan, Malaysia, Australia, Bangkok and other Southeast Asian countries.
Food – If there’s anything that Singaporeans love more, it’s got to be food! Tell us where we can find the best chicken rice, best steak, best satay and more!
Fashion & Beauty – What’s up with the latest Instagram beauty trends?! Let us know whether we should buy into the hype! Share your reviews, tips and other beauty hacks. Or tell us what you think of the latest runway fashion trends!
Tech – With new smartphones being released every other month (iPhone X anyone?), our readers want to know how they compare to other gadgets in the market. Share your unboxing reviews, latest tech news and other recommendations.
Others – Do you have career advice or university survival tips to share? Or maybe even relationship and parenting tips. Share them with us because we want to know!
What makes good content?
1. Well-researched and informative articles. Nobody wants to read something that they’ve already read elsewhere!
- Include addresses, prices and other useful information (e.g. 11 Atas Restaurants In Orchard That Are Affordable and Taste Great Too)
2. Either evergreen content (content that readers will find useful at any time of the year) or current viral news!
- Evergreen (e.g. 10 Best Japanese Buffet Restaurants That’ll Make You Go OISHII)
- Viral news (e.g. You Need to Pokemon Go to These 50 Weird Pokestops in Singapore!)
3. A “savings“ angle on popular topics.
- 9 Imported Beauty & Makeup Brands That Are Way Cheaper on Shopee
- Beef Up With the Best Affordable Steak in Singapore Under $50
- 5 European Destinations That Cost Just Under SGD$900 For a Round Trip
4. Well-structured, easy to read and visually attractive.
- Readers respond better to listicle formats
- Good grammar and simple English
- Nice, relevant and high-resolution images
5. An appropriate length. 600-1000 words works best!
Dos and don’ts
1. DO: Submit articles that are unique and exclusive to ShopBack’s blog. And no plagiarism!
2. DO: Be objective. Readers want objective advice so that they can come to their own decisions.
3. DO: Make a quick search so you do not write on topics that have been covered on our blog before.
4. DO: Link and cite any references.
5. DO: Use high-resolution images that are original or royalty-free. Include the appropriate image credits where applicable. Some of our favourite royalty-free image sites:
6. DON’T: Submit promotional content plugging your brand and/or products.
Submitting Your Article
1. Submit your article in the Google Form below. Input it directly in the form or send us a link to the article in Google Docs format.
2. We will try to get back to you in 7-14 business days. If you do not receive a reply, you can take it that your article has not been accepted.
Please take note that this is not a paid engagement.