15 Best Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants in Singapore For Healthy Tasty Food
Where do you go for a hearty, healthy meal in the city? We don’t know about you, but these 15 best vegan restaurants in Singapore have offerings that your mouth will surely water over. Bring your date, friends or family and get ready for a delectable vegan and vegetarian feast in any of these restaurants!
1. VeganBurg, Eunos
When people think “vegan,” they typically think it’s just a bowl full of vegetables that you eat every meal time. VeganBurg is on a mission to prove people wrong – greens and grains can be interesting and delicious, and it can come in its most unexpected form: the veggie burger. They mixed the idea of fast food with serving all-natural, farm fresh burgers and ingredients, and came up with delectable and unforgettable burgers.
- Location: 44 Jalan Eunos, Singapore
- Operating Hours: 11:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Price Range: Starts at SG $15
2. Genesis Vegan Restaurant, Owen Road
Genesis Vegan Restaurant found its genesis when the owner of the restaurant turned 9 – it was at this point that she decided to commit to a vegan lifestyle. She wanted to show the world that vegan dishes can be just as delicious – if not more – as non-vegan dishes, and she was right. In fact, the majority of Genesis’ customers are non-vegan, delighting in the restaurant’s unique take on dumplings that don’t hurt the pocket.
- Location: 115 Owen Road, Singapore
- Operating Hours: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Price Range: Starts at SG $10
3. Brownice Italian Vegan, East Coast
Brownice Italian Bistro makes no use of meat, poultry, eggs, dairy, fish or even honey, but they’ve managed to create Italian favorites like pizza into vegan delights. We don’t know how they did it – probably with magic – but we sure are grateful they did. Their interiors are laid-back and inviting, fit for a group hangout after office hours – just imagine kicking back with a slice of pizza here with your friends on a chill Friday night, and you wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.
- Location: 53 East Coast Road, Singapore
- Operating Hours: 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Price Range: Start at SG $20
4. Xuan Miao Vegan, Paya Lebar
Hawker regulars, don’t worry: there’s something you and our vegan friends can now enjoy together. You can feast on your favorite chicken rice and bat kut teh here at Xuan Miao Vegetarian – and at a price point that doesn’t hurt your wallet! Try out their Banmian Soup or the U-Mian Dry, a bowl of noodles served with xiang chun sauce.
- Location: 60 Paya Lebar Road, #B1-51 Paya Lebar Square Cantine
- Operating Hours: 10:00am – 09:30pm
- Price Range: Starts at SG $10
5. Pollen, Gardens By The Bay
Pollen is probably named after the vast flower garden that surrounds this restaurant – it’s located by the Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay, but more than that, Pollens plays host to a private Mediterranean herb garden. This garden is where Michelin-star chef Atherton gets his fresh ingredients for his vegetarian recipes from, only to turn them into delightful dishes like their asparagus and grilled heirloom tomato salad or their roasted artichoke and salt-baked celeriac with truffle. Take note though that the flowers in the dome command the temperature in this restaurant – it’s always sweater weather here at 20 degrees Celsius, so do dress accordingly
- Location: Flower Dome, Gardens By The Bay, 18 Marina Gardens Drive
- Operating Hours: 12 pm – 3pm (Lunch) and 6pm – 10pm (Dinner) for the Main Dining room, which is closed on Tuesdays. The Pollen Terrace is open 9:30am – 9pm daily except on Tuesdays.
- Price Range: Starts at SG $26
6. Original Sin, Holland Village
It’s been almost twenty years since Original Sin broke ground in Singapore, and it’s been almost twenty years since Singaporeans have fallen in love with this vegan restaurant. They serve delectable Mediterranean food with a vegan twist, producing favorites like their Bosco Mista, a burger made with spinach, feta, tofu, crushed almonds, mushrooms and a sauce to die for.
- Location: 43 Jalan Merah Saga, #01-62, Holland Village
- Operating Hours: 11:30 am – 2:30 pm (Lunch), 6:00 pm – 10:30 pm (Dinner) daily
- Price Range: Starts at SG $19
7. Real Food, Orchard Central
Have plans for a healthy dinner, where you know exactly what they put in your food? Head over to Real Food. Their menu has notes about each dish to tell you exactly what you’re ordering – whether it’s vegan, it has soy or onion, or even if it’s gluten-free. Each vegetarian dish is prepared only when they’re ordered too so you know it’s fresh. Try out their steamed dumplings – it’s cooked with sesame oil, tamari, carrots, mushrooms, chestnuts and bean curd.
- Location: 181 Orchard Road, #02-16 to 19 Orchard Central, 238896
- Operating Hours: 10am – 10pm
- Price Range: Starts at SG $7
8. Waterfall Cafe, Shangri-la Hotel
Bold flavors are often not a popular hallmark of vegan food, but let us tell you now that we’ve been wrong all along: especially since Waterfall Cafe has come up with Mediterranean dishes made with a vegan twist. Enjoy their Sardinian-style fregola or their fresh spinach and buffalo ricotta ravioli. Also make sure to try out their Fregola pasta salad of fresh figs, pequillo pepper, tomato confit and pine nuts with pesto dressing!
- Location: 22 Orange Grove Road, Shangri-La Hotel, Garden Wing, Level 1
- Operating Hours: 6:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Price Range: Starts at SG $38
9. Whole Earth, Peck Sea Street
Who knew Thai-Peranakan restaurants can go vegan too? With Whole Earth’s unique and tasty homemade sauces, it’s hard to argue that their Penang Rendang isn’t the best vegan version of it there is in Singapore. Match this with their signature olive brown rice, and then perhaps go for their oatmeal tofu with curry leaves – you won’t regret it. Try out their Beauty Enzyme Essence drink too: it’s a refreshing blend of lemon, tomatoes, and apples that are as interesting as its name.
- Location: 76 Peck Seah Street
- Operating Hours: 11:30 am – 3 pm, 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm
- Price Range: Starts at SG $8
10. Gokul Vegetarian Restaurant, Upper Dickson
Gokul Vegetarian combines the best from the North, South Indian, and Asian food to give its patrons a reason to keep coming back – there’s just so much food to try, and they’re all so good! A menu with 100 different food items is what Gokul is known for, and they’re all free from onion, garlic, and egg. Find your favorites like the Samosa Chaat or Tom Yum Noodle made with a vegan twist right here at Gokul.
- Location: 19 Upper Dickson
- Operating Hours: 10:30 am – 10 pm daily
- Price Range: Starts at SSG $5
11. Loving Hut, Joo Chiat
The Loving Hut is simple and nondescript, but it doesn’t fail to surprise patrons with purely vegan dishes. This cafe serves up some of the most delicious tofu rice sets, noodle dishes, burgers, and salads – and if you’re more of a rice person, you can ask for organic brown rice instead, too!
- Location:229 Joo Chiat Road, #01-01, 427489
- Operating Hours: 11:30 am – 3:00 pm (Mon – Fri). 11:30 am – 9:30 pm (Sat-Sun). Closed Tuesdays
- Price Range: Starts from SG $9.90
12. Cafe Salivation, Little India
An eclectic blend of Mediterranean, Western and Indian dishes, Cafe Salivation’s menu is filled with mouth-watering vegan dishes. Sample their cheese tortellini or any of their grilled vegetable sandwiches for a light meal, then go for their spaghetti soya bolognaise for a heavier alternative. They also have eggless cakes and pastries on their menu so you can top off your meal with a dessert.
- Location: 176 Race Course Road
- Operating Hours: 10 am – 11 pm
- Price Range: Starts at SG $9
13. 7 Sensations, Little India
When you’re looking for a vegan restaurant with a lot of options and cuisines to choose from, eat at 7 Sensations. They have a ton of dishes on their menu, ranging from Asian Fusion to Japanese to Thai and Singaporean Pernaka. Organic juices run abound here too and you can get your fill at their bar, and if you’re craving for dessert, you can go for any of their cakes and pastries. Try out their Portobello mushrooms and their avocado hand rolls while you’re here.
- Location: 16 Madras St, Singapore
- Operating Hours: 11 am – 3 pm, 6 pm – 9:30 pm daily. Closed Mondays
- Price Range: Starts at SG $20
14. The Living Cafe, Sixth Avenue
Creative fusion dishes are no challenge for The Living Cafe – and in fact, we’d argue that they’re quite the living legend in this department. They don’t use any red meat, cow dairy, preservatives or white sugar: everything you see is au naturale, so take that delicious first bite!
- Location: 779 Bukit Timah Road
- Operating Hours: 9 am – 10 pm
- Price Range: Starts at SG $35
JAAN, we admit, may not be easy on the wallet – but this restaurant didn’t win awards for nothing. They serve up interesting five- and seven-course menus filled with vegetables and vegan favorites that it’s hard to imagine any other restaurant coming this close to creating near-perfect, mouth-watering dishes.
- Location: Level 70, Equinox Complex, Swissôtel The Stamford
- Operating Hours: by reservation, starts at lunch
- Price Range: Starts at SG $118 for a 5-course lunch, then SG $148 for a 5-course dinner
Eat green, eat clean
While eating healthy can be a challenge – it’s quite hard to find places to eat healthy food nowadays, after all – these vegan restaurants make it a point to offer your favorite dishes with a creative vegan twist of their own. And if you’re looking to maximize your budget while delighting your taste buds, you can count on ShopBack for great deals and great dining merchants too like Foodpanda and Eatigo!
Featured Image credit: Adam Jaime | Unsplash.com
Do you love to write and would like to see your work published here? Check how you can guest post here.