Teppanyaki in Singapore: 15 Restaurants To Try If You Like Your Food on The Teppan
Finding the best Teppanyaki restaurant in Singapore may be a challenge – especially if you’re just hungry and want to eat good Japanese food – but with this restaurant list, you don’t have to wonder again. Here’s the lowdown on the best teppanyaki restaurants around the island to tickle your taste buds.
Tatsu is where you go when you want to experience Tsukiji’s charm without leaving the comforts of Singapore. Reminiscent of the infamous Tsukiji Market restaurants, Tatsu offers an experience with multiple chefs dedicated entertaining you while serving up the meanest grill dishes on a long counter. It’s also the first to brave this kind of setup, so you’re sure you don’t just get quality and fresh teppanyaki – you get dishes made with tender love and care from Tatsu’s chefs too.
- Address: 30 Victoria Street #01-09 Singapore
- Operating hours: 12:00 – 2:30 pm, 6:00 pm – 10:30 pm (daily)
- Price range: Sets start at SG$24
2. Teppan Bar Q
Two legendary chefs coming together to give you some of the most delectable Japanese fusion dishes in Singapore: that’s what Teppan Bar Q is about. Teppan Bar Q is the product of chef Kyota Ishida and Eric Neo, both of whom were trained with decades worth of experience cooking Japanese teppanyaki with the finest styles and techniques. They’ve fused their unique cooking styles and came up with Spanish/Japanese fusion dishes, all of which are a must-try for anyone coming to Teppan Bar Q. Make sure to get a plate of their Galician Octopus and anything on their Teppan Tapas menu!
- Address: #01-21/22 Robertson Walk, 11 Unity Street
- Operating hours: 5:00 pm – 12:00 mn (daily)
- Price range: SG$40
Mikuni is all about the flair and flavor – they want to make sure you get a memorable experience not just through your taste buds, but through your other senses too. Surrounding diners in Mikuni are three live stations all serving teppanyaki, robatayaki, and sushi. If you’re the type to sample everything and anything, Mikuni is one of your best bets for Japanese cuisine. Each station is manned by a chef dedicated to adding a theatrical flair to their cooking too!
- Address: Level 3 Fairmont Singapore, 80 Bras Basah Road, 189560
- Operating hours: 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm, 6:30 pm – 11:30 pm daily. Closed on Sundays
- Price range: Starts at SG$144
Who says teppanyaki is all about the grease on your fingers and a casual experience? Shima begs to say otherwise – it’s the first of its kind to offer teppanyaki in fine dining style. With Shima’s impeccable taste for mood-setting and skill for serving near-perfect grilled seafood and meat, it’s hard to turn down the restaurant. They have buffet lunches too, which serve sashimi and tempura, and they have dinners served in the same style or a la carte as well.
- Address: #01-00 Goodwood Park Hotel, 22 Scotts Road
- Operating hours: 12:00 nn – 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Daily)
- Price range: SG$144
5. Hide Yamamoto
Maybe you don’t want your regular teppanyaki – you want something fresh, exotic and different. Hide Yamamoto is the place you go to satisfy your craving, as it’s helmed by the restaurant’s namesake – Hide Yamamoto – who is a renowned Japanese chef here and around the globe. You might need to set aside some savings for a meal here, but let us assure you: it’s well worth it, especially if you try some of their most delectable dishes like the abalone steak and Wagyu chateaubriand.
- Address: Marina Bay Sands, 8 Bayfront Avenue
- Operating hours: 12:00 nn – 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm (daily)
- Price range: Teppanyaki course starts at SG$80
6. Ajiya Okonomiyaki Restaurant
Okonomiyaki is a Japanese dish cooked teppanyaki-style, primarily with eggs made into a thin pancake then topped with a whole lot of veggies, sauces and other magical ingredients. If you’re looking for the best okonomiyaki bites around here, better swing by Ajiya. Their specialty isn’t just any kind of okonomiyaki, it’s the DIY kind. If you’re miraculously still hungry after a meal here, you can also go for their other dishes like the Shio Koji Tori Karaage.
- Address: 104 Jalan Jurong Kechil
- Operating hours: 12:00 nn – 2:30 pm, 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm (daily), closed Mondays
- Price range: Starts at SG$10
A lot of Japanese restaurants put an interesting modern twist to the cuisine’s most popular dishes, but not Keyaki – they like to keep it old school and as authentic as possible. This restaurant is of the traditional fine dining Japanese kind, so they serve a variety of Japanese dishes and not just teppanyaki. But if you’re really keen on eating their best-grilled dishes, go ahead and make a beeline for Keyaki’s teppanyaki counter. They have different set menus for lunch and dinner, and you can also request for a seasonal course if you wish.
- Address: 7 Raffles Boulevard, Pan Pacific Singapore, Singapore 039595
- Operating hours: 11.30am – 2.30pm, 6.30pm – 10.30pm (daily)
- Price range: Starts at SG$170
8. Takumi Restaurant
Takumi places entertainment and wonder at the forefront of their restaurant’s experience. Here, you get to dine in the midst of Marina at Keppel Bay, with gorgeous views of yachts, lights and peaceful waters in the evening. They take tradition seriously, and even go above and beyond in letting their patrons experience Japanese culture – what with their interiors lined by Japanese kimono decor and lanterns. Try out their Teppan Seared Foie Gras and Teppan Grilled Japanese Oyster.
- Address: 2 Keppel Bay Vista, #02-01 Marina at Keppel Bay, Singapore 098382
- Operating hours: 12pm – 2.30pm, 6pm – 10pm (daily)
- Price range: starts at SG$20
Elegant, modern and high-end: these three words are probably best used to describe what it’s like to dine at Teppan-Ya. Guests are greeted with offerings with a modern twist coupled with a classy yet vibrant atmosphere in their restaurant – and complete with stellar service to boot. They have some lunch sets for you to choose from, all of which include a side of salad, rice, miso soup and chawanmushi. Choose your viand from any of their mouth-watering dishes! (We recommend you go for the Japanese Prime Wagyu Beef, though, if you have a lot to splurge).
- Address: 5 Raffles Avenue, Level 4 Mandarin Oriental, Singapore 039797
- Operating hours: 12pm – 2.30pm, 6pm – 10pm (daily)
- Price range: starts at SG$48
10. Teppanyaki Hamburg Nihonbashi Keisuke Bettei
Teppanyaki Hamburg Nihonbashi Keisuke Bettei doesn’t only boast of a mouthful of words for a title – they also boast of a mouthful of yummy goodness sure to delight anyone who comes by. They have a salad bar buffet and free-flowing eggs (yep, you read that right), which you can enjoy after you’ve ordered your hamburg. You can craft many kinds of salad under the sun, but we recommend going for their ramen salad and pasta tuna salad. The Japanese also used to serve coffee jelly as dessert after a meal, but this tradition has long since been lost – only for Teppanyaki Hamburg to bring it back.
- Address: 72 Peck Seah Street
- Operating hours: 11:30 am – 2:30 pm, 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm
- Price range: starts at SG$18.80 for a hamburg set
11. Yaki Yaki Bo Teppanyaki Restaurant
For the most exquisite, flavor-packed meals, go to Yaki Yaki Bo Teppanyaki Restaurant. Everything about this restaurant is also about making sure you have a good time – from the performances by the chef as they serve you mouthwatering teppanyaki dishes down to the very last bite from any of the restaurant’s offerings. You can munch on seafood, beef or chicken fillets and pair it with an interesting side dish, like the Ebi Mentai.
- Address: 23 Serangoon Central, #B1-78 NEX, Singapore 556083
- Operating hours: 110 am – 10pm (Daily)
- Price range: starts at SG$6.90
12. Express Teppan-Yaki
Not all teppanyaki experiences need to be so high-end and painful on the wallet – sometimes great teppanyaki dishes can be affordable, too. This is a truth that Express Teppan-Yaki swears by, and you see it in how accessible they are to the Singaporean masses – both because of their location and price point. They have a huge selection of menu items for their patrons, such as seafood dishes, sirloin steak, and chicken.
- Address: 1 Harbourfront Walk, #03-01 Food Republic, Singapore 098585
- Operating hours: 110 am – 10pm (Sun – Thu), 10am – 10:30 pm (Fri – Sat)
- Price range: Starts at SG $10
13. Heniu Teppanyaki
Another teppanyaki restaurant that’s easy on the wallet, Heniu promises bang-for-your-buck teppanyaki dishes in their restaurant. For only a little above SG $10, you can already get a deluxe set packed with chicken, shrimp, dory fish, rice, soup, and vegetables! If that’s not a sweet deal, we don’t know what is.
- Address: 313 Orchard Road, Level 5, Singapore 238877
- Operating hours: 11am – 10pm (daily)
- Price range: Starts at SG $10
14. Osaka Kitchen
Osaka Kitchen is all about authenticity – they want to make sure you taste Japanese teppanyaki how they are meant to be. Each dish is made with vigor and passion, and though all are equally delicious, we recommend going for their Juicy Jumbo Asparagus Teppanyaki or Pan Fried Butter Squid for an interesting experience.
- Address: 435 Orchard Road, 4F Wisma Atria, Singapore 238877
- Operating hours: 11.30am – 3pm, 5pm – 11pm (Mon – Fri), 11am – 3pm, 5pm – 11pm (Sat-Sun)
- Price range: Starts at SG $12
15. Sakae Teppanyaki
Here’s another value-for-money restaurant on the list: Sakae Teppanyaki. Make no mistake though – even if they have affordable dishes, they don’t skimp on the taste. They grill your favorite teppanyaki meals right in front of you – so yes, you get to learn a thing or two – and they have a lot of lunch set meals to choose from, no matter what you’re in the mood for meat, seafood, veggies, what have you.
- Address: 68 Orchard Road, #B2-52/54 Plaza Singapura, Singapore 238839
- Operating hours: 11.30am – 10pm daily
- Price range: Starts at SG $26
The best grilles food in the teppan
Whether you’re out on a date or you’re eating with your friends, any of these Teppanyaki restaurants are sure to be a delight. If you’re looking for the best deals on these restaurants or any other restaurant in Singapore, check out HungryGoWhere and Quandoo to make your bookings and earn Cashback even when you eat out!