15 Rooftop Bars in Singapore Perfect for Chilling Out
Experience a fun and exciting high life at the best rooftop bars in Singapore. Given the limited space in The Lion City, buildings are made taller so as to establish bars and restaurants with stunning views of the city skyline. You can definitely have a great time hanging out here admiring the view while enjoying a cool cocktail.
The nightlife and food scene in our Red Dot is evidently booming these days. Each hangout place offers something different to customers, both locals and tourists. Nothing truly beats chilling out at a perfect spot with the best people in your life.
There are plenty of rooftop bars around the country where you can take in a breathtaking scenery and indulge in tantalizing food or cocktails. Some of these establishments are quite popular so if you enjoy a fun night out with a vibrant crowd and with the view to the skies, these rooftops are for you. In case you’re tired of work and simply want to hang loose for awhile or want to have a romantic date with your special someone, it is also possible to go somewhere more relaxing. There are plenty of nightlife spots around the country to fit us all. So, choose your favourite and take in a breathtaking scenery and indulge in tantalizing food or cocktails. Read on to discover some of the best rooftop bars ones in Singapore.
1. Lantern for a drink with a privileged view
Spend good times with your loved ones at Lantern in The Fullerton Bay Hotel. Delivering a gorgeous scenery of the city’s skyline and skyscrapers, this rooftop bar boasts of its infinity lap pool and fascinating panoramic views of the Marina Bay waterfront. It is an ideal place to have a drink or two of its signature cocktails and wines or savor its gourmet snacks. Also, it highlights its lavish bed-style seating where you can perfectly relax.
- Location: 80 Collyer Quay, Singapore 049326
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/LanternTheFullertonBayHotel
2. LeVeL33 for a gourmet-pub experience
Hailed as the highest urban craft brewery in the world, LeVeL33 in Marina Bay Financial Centre is sure to impress everyone with its enthralling views, delectable European cuisine, and al fresco setting. Taste its house-brewed craft beers and gourmet-style pub grub to fully enjoy your weekends and Friday nights. It’s absolutely one of the sought-after rooftop bars in the country.
- Location: 8 Marina Boulevard #33-01, Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 1, Singapore 018981
- Website: level33.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/LeVeL33CraftBrewery
3. 1-Altitude for the highest location in the city
Loosen up at the world’s highest al fresco bar in Singapore. 1-Altitude at One Raffles Place is a stylish rooftop bar featuring a dance floor that usually fills up over the weekends as well as an elegant lounge area. It is totally one of the best nightlife destinations that offers everyone a breathtaking cityscape. Also, the whole experience at this vibrant bar will be worth it and memorable.
- Location: 1 Raffles Place, #61-01 – #62-02, Singapore 048616 | Tel: 64380410
- Website: 1-altitude.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/1Altitude
4. CE LA VI to chill out in style at MBS
Chill out with your buddies at CE LA VI and have a good night. Perched at the top of Marina Bay Sands Complex, this rooftop bar takes pride of its chill-out lounge, modern Asian restaurant, and poolside terrace. It offers both indoor and al fresco dining with a fantastic view from 200 meters above Singapore. You can also delight in top grade wine and fusion cuisine prepared by its seasoned and award-winning chefs.
- Location: SkyPark at Marina Bay Sands, Tower 3, 1 Bayfront Avenue Singapore 018971
- Website: sg.celavi.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/celavisingapore
5. Fabrika by Chivas 18 to enjoy a smooth whisky
Unwind after a hectic week at Fabrika by Chivas 18. It has an open-air sky terrace concept that is undoubtedly an extraordinary hangout place to relax. Since its opening in 2010, it has already been one of the most visited rooftop bars in Singapore because of its spectacular views as well as whisky-inclusive food and drinks. With its collaboration with Chivas 18, guests can try its Chivas-marinated beef skewers, a cocktail with a whisky base, and Chivas Passion. Not to mention, it is also the first-ever sheltered sky bar in Singapore.
- Location: 17/F Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, 15 Hoe Chiang Road, Singapore 089316
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/fabrikaSingapore
6. Potato Head to match drinks with good grub
Enjoy your time off with your friends or colleagues at Potato Head. Housed in one of the most iconic buildings in Keong Saik Road, this rooftop bar offers good food, great-tasting drinks, and chill atmosphere. It’s a favorite place of most hipsters around the region as it provides a Bohemian escape with modern skyscrapers and striking view of heritage houses. Definitely, you will never go wrong with this bar.
- Location: 36 Keong Saik Road, Singapore 089143
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/PotatoHeadSingapore
7. SuperTree by IndoChine for a memorable evening in the Gardens
Head over SuperTree by IndoChine and indulge in the magnificent scenery of the whole Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands, and Singapore Flyer. Nestled at the top of SuperTree Grove, you can choose between a fully air-conditioned lounge and al fresco rooftop bar for a memorable date night or night out with friends. Additionally, the food served is a combination of hearty Indochinese and Western fusion. You will surely enjoy an intimate dinner or quiet drinks here.
- Location: 18 Marina Gardens Drive, Gardens by the Bay, #03-01, Singapore 018953
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/IndoChineGroup
8. Kinki for a funky drink and dancing
Never miss out the chance to experience Kinki, a Japanese rooftop bar in Collyer Quay. Living up to its tagline, “Japanese with urban attitude,” Kinki serves up scrumptious and fresh Japanese fare as well as unique Japanese-themed alcoholic beverages. There is a certain vibe you get while here because of its dangling fairy lights and funky graffiti tags on the walls. Nonetheless, Kinki is a gastrobar you’ll remember that will keep you coming back over and over again.
- Location: 70 Collyer Quay #02-02, Customs House, Singapore 049323
- Website: kinki.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kinkibar
9. Loof for a casual drink after work
Step up your nightlife gaming to a new height at Loof, the first standalone rooftop bar in the country. Situated on the top floor of Odeon Towers, it boasts of its casual and relaxed ambiance. Awarded as Singapore’s best rooftop bar, Loof offers nightlife experience like no other. From its design to drinks, Asian influences are very evident. You can also take advantage of its happy hour, called Beat the Clock, from 5 PM to 8:30 PM. All drinks are priced SGD 5 and you pay a dollar more every succeeding hour.
- Location: 331 North Bridge Road, #03-07 Odeon Towers Extension Rooftop, Singapore 188720
- Website: loof.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/looftopbar
10. Orgo Bar and Restaurant to impress your date with drinks and tapas
Wind down at Orgo Bar and Restaurant while sipping a glass of its interesting cocktails. The word orgo was derived from the term organic chemistry. The bar is led by the renowned Japanese mixologist, Tomoyuki Kitazoe, who uses fresh organic produce for all drink concoctions. A splendid view of the Marina Bay area and CBD skyline awaits you here, so check it out if you want to experience a distinctive chill-out spot. Moreover, Orgo is said to be the first premium rooftop bars in Singapore, making it a must-visit nightlife destination in the country. Its French dining menu and Spanish tapas are to look forward to as well.
- Location: 8 Raffles Avenue, #04-01, Esplanade-Theaters on the Bay, Roof Terrace, Singapore 039802
- Website: orgo.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/OrgoBarandRestaurant
11. Breeze for a cozy night out in Chinatown
For a lovely night under the bright stars, visit Breeze at The Scarlet Hotel. Overlooking Chinatown, this al fresco bar and grill gives you a well-deserved break. With its fairy lights dangled around the trees and sofas under comfortable tents, you will truly have a cozy time here. Additionally, it offers innovative Asian-inspired skewer bites with a wide range of beverage list to choose from.
- Location: The Scarlet Hotel Singapore, 33 Erskine Road, Singapore 069333
12. 1919 Waterboat House for a more intimate affair
Take a break at 1919 Waterboat House together with your pals. Located in a colonial heritage building, this quaint spot offers the best of both of worlds. Its casual yet intimate setting is simply enticing and you will be completely in awe with the city lights and views that it provides. You can have its refreshing signature drinks, including The Orchard and Merlion Punch, and appetizing classic bar bites, too, for a more memorable rooftop bar experience.
- Location: 3 Fullerton Rd, #03-01, The Waterboathouse, Singapore 049215
- Website: 1919.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/1919WBH
13. Southbridge for oyster and cocktails overlooking Boat Quay
Dine and drink at the astounding Southbridge in Boat Quay. Featuring the picturesque 360-degree view of Singapore, this outdoor bar is another must-visit spot when you are looking for a place to chill out with friends. In case you love oysters, you are definitely on the right track. Apparently, Southbridge’s menu highlights oysters, which are served depending on your liking. All the more, the drinks here are handcrafted and specialty-made, so you are really in for a treat.
- Location: Rooftop Level 5, 80 Boat Quay, Singapore 049868
- Website: southbridge.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/southbridgesg
14. Me @ OUE for a proper dinner and drinks night
Swing by Me @ OUE and revel in its delectable meals and fascinating views. For those who can’t make up their minds about what to eat, this might be the best place for you. It has different cuisines to choose from, such as Chinese, French, and Japanese. You can always have something for whenever you’re craving for any type of food. Totally a great spot to free up your mind from anything and simply soak up the view.
- Location: The Rooftop Level, 50 Collyer Quay, OUE Bayfront, Singapore 049321
- Website: me-oue.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/me.oue
15. Smoke and Mirrors for a signature cocktail in the National Gallery
Cool off at Smoke and Mirrors and let the country’s skyline transform right before your eyes. Situated on the rooftop of the National Gallery of Singapore, this destination bar is known for its carefully curated draft beers, signature cocktails, and spirits. It also takes pride of its sculptural bar that’s designed for a smooth transition between the outdoors and indoors. You will be floored by its awesome ambiance, for sure.
- Location: 1 St. Andrew’s Road, #06-01, National Gallery Singapore, Singapore 178957
- Website: smokeandmirrors.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/smokeandmirrorsbarsg
Time to slow down at these rooftop bars in Singapore
Visit these rooftop bars specified above for a time to hang out with your loved ones. You deserve a break from time to time, so be sure to spend it wisely. Make your reservations today at these lively spots and get the best dining offers from Shopback from sites like Fave or Eatigo. You will doubtlessly have a night to remember.
Is there something you can add to this list of rooftop bars in Singapore? Let us know!
Featured Image Credit: William Cho | flickr.com
Places To Chill in Singapore: 15 Best Hangout Spots for a Casual Drink
10 Amazing Restaurants With The Best Views In Singapore
Best Happy Hour Promotions To YUM SENG To!
Do you love to write and would like to see your work published here? Check how you can guest post here.