Your Definitive Guide To Where To Celebrate New Year’s Eve In Singapore
Bid farewell to 2020, and welcome 2021. This year has been a challenging year indeed. However, that means all the more we should celebrate the end of it!
We’ve compiled some of the noteworthy New Year’s Eve countdown events to usher you into 2021. From casual rooftop bars, mesmerising light shows, and fireworks displays from the comforts of your home – we’ve got them all covered!
1. Marina Bay Shine A Light
To ease the crowd at Marina Bay this year, there will be no fireworks show unfortunately. Replacing the fireworks at Marina Bay is another unique light show. Catch the New Year countdown with Shine A Light at The Promontory, with 60 beautiful beams of light illuminating the panoramic skyline. These lights signify positivity, unity, and resilience – pretty apt themes highlighting our year thus far.
If you’re ready to splurge a little, check out nearby hotels at Marina Bay to get the best view! For maximum savings, stack your SingapoRediscovers Vouchers with Trip.com and Klook, and get Cashback with ShopBack.
Read our handy “How To Use Your SingapoRediscovers Vouchers Guide” if you have no idea where to start!
- Venue: The Promontory, 11 Marina Blvd, Singapore 018940
- Dates: 1 December – 31 December, 8pm – 10.30pm (till 11.45pm on 31 December)
2. Marina Bay Share A Moment
Share the Moment is a community project with projection mapping shows on three Marina Bay landmarks at the Merlion, ArtScience Museum, and The Fullerton Hotel.
This community project is inspired by stories from the City of Good. Student volunteers dedicated their time to attend classes to create art works inspired by these stories. Behind all projection mapping shows you see at the Marina Bay are beautiful stories transformed into art!
- Venue: The Fullerton Hotel, Merlion, ArtScience Museum
- Dates: 25 December – 31 December (starts on 26 December for ArtScience Museum), 8pm – 10.30pm (till 11.45pm on 31 December);
3. Mediacorp Let’s Celebrate 2021
Every year, Mediacorp organises a New Year countdown party. This year, celebrate it in a different style virtually. Expect exciting performances by well-loved performers like Jason Derulo, Ronan Keating, Benee, and many others! Fashion fanatics can also catch artistes clad in local designer wear.
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat will also be relaying exclusive New Year messages. Don’t miss out on this event and catch the grand fireworks display as midnight strikes!
- Venue: Livestream on MeWatch, Mediacorp, Channel 5, Mediacorp Entertainment’s YouTube channel
- Dates: 31 December, from 10.30pm
4. Loof 2021 Lai Liao
What’s a new year countdown celebration event without some booze? One of Singapore’s most iconic rooftop bars, Loof is bringing it on with a special New Year’s Eve countdown event for you and your squad. You’ll surely have an unforgettable night at this chill spot.
There are also special discounted prices for those who come earlier. Expect to fork out about $60++ per pax for the 3pm – 5pm slot with free-flow spirits, wines and beers. Table packages from 5pm onwards sets back at $198++ for couples, and $488 for groups.
- Venue: 331 North Bridge Rd, #03-07 Odeon Towers Extensions Rooftop, Singapore 188720
- Date: 31 December, 3pm – 10.30pm
5. Fireworks Display From Home Sweet Home
Even though there won’t be the iconic fireworks display at Marina Bay, you can watch fireworks at over 11 heartland areas on New Year’s Eve! The special part is that for the first time ever – these displays will be going virtual. Therefore, you can enjoy the spectacular view from the comforts of your home.
Additionally, the People’s Association will also be organising 16 virtual engagements. Look forward to exciting events like quizzes, games and live performances!
- Display Venues: Bishan, Woodlands, Yew Tee, Bedok, Geylang, Hougang, Tampines, Tiong Bahru, Boon Lay, Jurong, Nanyang ward in West Coast Group Representation Constituency (GRC)
- Livestream Venues: Punggol Coast and Nee Soon South (27 December); Clementi and Telok Blangah (1 January); others (31 December)
Let’s Welcome 2021 In Style!
Despite restrictions due to the pandemic, definitely can’t say that we have limited countdown events. Be it hitting the bar or attending a chill virtual countdown event, there are many options to choose from.
Just remember to welcome 2021 with an open-mind – and congratulations to you for surviving this tough 2020!
- 7 Best Rated Family-Friendly Hotels For Your Last Minute Staycation
- SingapoRediscovers Vouchers – How To Use Your $100 Plus Saving Tips!
- 10 Hotels to watch the 2020 New Year’s Eve Countdown in Singapore