15 Must-Visit Cafes in Singapore for Good Coffee and Chill
Love a good cuppa? Singapore offers various places to have good coffee and spend a relaxed afternoon, like themed cafes and unique restaurants with nice ambiance. If you are looking for a cute place to have a chat session with your bestie or looking for a cosy cafe where you can do some reading or working, you will be sure to find something that tickles your fancy in this list.
Go out of your regular neighbourhood, be sure to explore Singapore in a whole new level and maximize your time in our modern city. You’ll surely find the best cafes to satisfy your cravings and spend some quality time with your favourite people.
You can easily spot a cafe wherever you are in the city but if you are looking for a noteworthy experience you will want to explore your options further. In case you are in search for cozy spots with different concepts to spice up your Singapore experience, then check out the following lovely cafes:
Make your day worthwhile by visiting the exquisite PS.Cafe, a homegrown Singapore brand that has earned international acclaim for its products. Opened in 1999, this beautiful cafe is made for romantic dates, lazy afternoon teas, friendly celebrations, and memorable brunches. It takes pride of its superb interiors, outstanding service, and delightful surroundings. You’ll certainly love everything in the menu, especially its indulgent tarts, puddings, and cakes.
- Location: 45 Ann Siang Road, #02-02, Singapore 069719
- Website: pscafe.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/PS.Cafe
2. Central Perk
Remember the hit American TV series, F.R.I.E.N.D.S.? Whether you’re an avid fan of this classic sitcom or not, you’ve probably heard about it somewhere out there. In fact, there’s now a themed cafe in Singapore, called Central Perk, that’s all about F.R.I.E.N.D.S. It’s the only cafe outside United States that’s officially licensed by Warner Brothers to operate. The original cafe is located in New York. So, don’t miss out on the chance of sitting on the iconic orange couch, stopping by Monica’s kitchen, and tasting its signature brews while watching past episodes of the series.
- Location: 1 Magazine Road, Central Mall #01-01, Singapore 059567
- Website: centralperk.sg
- Facebook: facebook.com/centralperksingapore
3. Badoque Cafe
Treat yourself to a savory meal at Badoque Cafe. This halal-owned cafe strives to serve people with appetizing dishes as well as guarantees you a pleasant experience you won’t forget. Try out its signature dishes, including juicy steaks, flavorful ribs, and heavenly spring chicken. Everyone will absolutely have good memories at this relaxed hangout site.
- Location: 298 Bedok Road, Bedok Shopping Complex, Singapore 469454
- Website: badoquecafe.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/badoquecafesg
4. The Reading Room
All bookworms and caffeine addicts out there will totally love this library-themed cafe in Bukit Pasoh Road. The Reading Room is an ideal hideout to read your favorite book and a perfect place to have brunch at with your family or friends. Countless books fill its tall shelves with various genres, like comedy, suspense, and romance. Also, you’ll get to enjoy its extensive menu and cozy space.
- Location: 19 Bukit Pasoh Rd, Singapore 089833
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheReadingRoom.com.sg
5. Fresh Fruits Lab
Pamper your taste buds with Fresh Fruits Lab’s mouthwatering dishes and concoctions. This simple bar and bistro was established in 2013 with focus on fruity and artfully designed menu. Each cafe goer will appreciate a healthily balanced dining experience, for the menu is handcrafted to add fruity element in most of its dishes. It’s all about experimenting and having unique yet tasteful meals.
- Location: 351 Changi Road, Lor Marzuki, Singapore 419818
- Website: ffl.com.sg/freshfruitslab
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FFLFreshFruitsLab
6. Common Man Coffee Roasters
One of the most favorite cafes of both locals and tourists, Common Man Coffee Roasters serves all-day brunch menu as well as in-house brews. It boasts its award from SG Magazine as the Readers Choice Best Cafe in 2014 and 2015. Additionally, it is open daily and offers a wide range of coffee and food menu.
- Location: 22 Martin Road, #01-00, Singapore 239058
- Website: commonmancoffeeroasters.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/commonmancoffeeroasters
7. Percolate Coffee
Perk up with Percolate Coffee’s specialty coffee when feeling a little sleepy or bored. This cafe in east of Singapore is a humble space where you can unwind over a cup of joe and soft music. It was launched in 2014 and since then it has become a favorite spot of many for fine artisanal goods and exceptional coffee. More so, baristas here create decent latte art you can’t resist to take a photo of.
- Location: 136 Bedok North Avenue 3, #01-152B Singapore 460136
- Website: percolate.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/PercolateCoffee
8. Forty Hands
Regarded as one of the first coffee joints in Singapore to offer Third Wave Coffee, Forty Hands is dedicated to keeping its customers satisfied with all its products. Since its birth in 2010, a coffee revolution began brewing. Its first branch is situated in Tiong Bahru Street and from there it now opened another cafe in Yong Siak Street, which eventually won fans over. It ensures that its specialty coffee is great-tasting and always made with fresh beans.
- Location: 78 Yong Siak Street, #01-12, Singapore 163078
- Website: 40handscoffee.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/fortyhands
9. Hatter Street
A dessert cafe inspired by Alice in Wonderland, Hatter Street serves delicious comfort food and toothsome desserts, like ice cream, pastries, and waffles. The cafe’s mission is to make each customer’s experience unforgettable through its distinct flavors. It’s certainly an ideal spot for all those who have a sweet tooth.
- Location: Block 212 Hougang, Street 21 #01-333, Singapore 530212
- Website: hatterstreet.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/HatterStreet
10. Paddy Hills
Liven up with Paddy Hills’ scrumptious dishes suitable for catching up with friends or family gatherings. It is one of the most famous cafes in Singapore that offers European and Asian fare. You and your loved ones will have a great time bonding together at this quaint cafe, for sure. Don’t forget to order berry ricotta pancakes, too.
- Location: 38 South Buona Vista Road, Singapore 118164
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/paddyhills.sg
11. Craftsmen Specialty Coffee
Indulge yourself in the delish offerings of Craftsmen Specialty Coffee. It’s another popular hipster cafe in the east of Singapore, which serves all-day breakfast and brunch dishes. Known for its amazing coffee and hearty comfort food, this cafe has garnered a strong following among tourists and locals.
- Location: 2 First Street, Siglap V, #01-01 Singapore 458278
- Website: craftsmencoffee.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Craftsmen.Specialty.Coffee
12. Platform 1094
Calling all the Potterheads out there! Platform 1094 is the first-ever Harry Potter-themed bistro in Singapore. It serves modern Western meals with a twist, such as pasta, ribs, and steaks. One of their famous items is the Goblet of Fire drink, which comes as a big cup of blue curacao liquor, lime juice, and then torched with a spoonful of Bacardi 151. All Harry Potter fans will definitely get excited to visit this place.
- Location: 1094 Serangoon Rd, Singapore 328192
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Platform1094
More than just sandwiches, Sarnies offers healthy breakfast, good-tasting cuppa, and yummy homemade bakery treats. This cafe puts emphasis on the quality of their products. You’re guaranteed to have an organic and flavorsome meal each time you visit here. So, bring your friends with you and have a laid-back time together.
- Location: 136 Telok Ayer Street, Singapore 068601
- Website: sarniescafe.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/sarnies.singapore
14. Comestivel Desserts
Formerly located at Siglap, Comestivel Desserts now moved to Arab Street. This dessert cafe is perfect for those who have an unending love for sweets. You’ll be offered with an extensive range of palatable sweet treats, including cakes, cupcakes, pavlova, and other luscious desserts.
- Location: 31 Arab St., Singapore 177930
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ComestivelDesserts
15. The Royals Cafe
A friendly halal-certified cafe, The Royal Cafe gives you tons of Asian and Western food options to choose from. Everything comes with a reasonable price that’s why you have nothing to worry about. You’ll also be keen to know that this cafe has a lego play corner for kids to enjoy while you munch on your food peacefully.
- Location: Crescendo Building, 19 Upper East Coast Road, Singapore 455209
- Website: royalcakes.com/cafe
Fantastic cafe experience
Singapore is not solely meant for museums, theme parks, or famous tourist attractions, rather for cafes that offer a dining experience like no other. These dining spots mentioned above are just a few of the best cafes you must visit in our Red Dot. Be sure to make time for any of these and have an awesome day with the people closest to your heart.
Nothing truly beats making the most out of your time with your loved ones over a good cup of fresh coffee and a delicious meal. So, chill even just for a little while and savor all the good times at the moment. In case you have more cafe suggestions in mind, don’t hesitate to comment them below.
Want to know more food and dining deals? Check out Shopback for more details on how you can earn cashback on your orders.
Feature Image Credit: StockSnap | pixabay.com
- Travel To Africa: Black Panther Filming Locations That Are as Good as Wakanda
- 8 Tips to Prepare For Retirement (And Get Richer in The Meantime!)
- Online Grocery Shopping Re-Imagined: 5 Reasons to Join The Redmart Revolution
- Best Flea Markets In Singapore To Visit All Year Round
- Onsen in Singapore: Where To Go and What To Expect