Casual Jazz Bars in Singapore for Good Live Music
Looking for a place with good live jazz in the island? Jazz music can be lively and fun, but they can also be bluesy and relaxing. It all depends on what you’re looking for. The jazz scene in Singapore is alive and well, with jazz clubs that cater to all sub-genres. Most of these clubs are located around the Orchard and Kampong Glam districts. They feature live bands from Singapore, as well as international ones too.
These are the cool spots you need to check if you’re looking for hip and happening jazz music by the latest bands.
1. Blu Jaz Cafe
Blue Jaz is a local favourite among jazz connoisseurs who often come here for the special performers, invited on a monthly basis from all over the world. The cafe itself is a landmark in Bali Lane, bathed in blue and green light. Don’t miss out on their monthly events and parties featuring jazz bands and individual performers who are celebrated the world over. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to catch an improve session going on at the Level 1 stage. Level 2 is usually reserved for DJ nights.
Check here for upcoming music events at Blue Jaz.
- Address: 1 Bali Lane, Singapore 189848
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 12pm-1am, Friday 12pm-2am, Saturday 4pm-2am, closed on Sundays
- Contact no:+65 9199 0610
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blujazcafe/
- Average price of Drinks: ~SGD 9 to 16
2. Lulu’s Lounge
Visit Lulu’s Lounge on Wednesday’s for your weekly dose of relaxing jazz. This place lets you in for no cover charge and you get to enjoy at least 2 hours of slow jazzy jams, with drinks and canapes to top it all off. The club is located in Pan Pacific Hotel and features an interior that’s a heady mix of the swinging sixties and the speakeasies of the 1920s. If you want to check the complete list of events, visit Lulu’s here.
If you’re also into hip-hop, Lulu’s Lounge has DJs spinning the beat for the dance floors in every night of the week. There is a dress code, however: closed shoes and no shorts.
- Address: Pan Pacific Hotel, Singapore, 7 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039595
- Opening hours: Wednesday from 7pm – 4am | Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9pm – 6am
- Contact no: +65 9829 1922
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lulusloungesg/
- Average price of Drinks: ~SGD 14 to 28
Monti is an Italian restaurant that offers a live jazz band performance every evening. Apart from the great music, you’ll also be able to enjoy a bird’s eye view of the Marina Bay area. The music lineup changes every month, but you can expect some local big names like Jeremy Monteiro, Melissa Tham and Stephen Francis. So sit back and enjoy your glass of wine with the smooth sound of jazz tunes caressing your senses. See the upcoming events here.
- Address: 82 Collver Quay, The Fullerton Pavillion, Singapore 049213
- Opening hours: Daily, 12.00pm-2.30pm, 6.00pm to 10.30pm with performances in the evenings after 7h30pm.
- Contact no: +65 6535 0724
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MontiSingapore/
- Average price of Drinks: ~SGD 15 to 35
4. Bob’s Bar
Capella Hotel’s in-house watering hole Bob’s Bar on Sentosa island has gained quite a following for having one of the best live Jazz performances in Singapore. People even travel on the weekends purposely to listen to them. The jazz here is largely Cuban inspired since the bar itself is based on the Latin American theme. You can expect to listen to the resident Latin jazz band on Fridays, but the rest of the week is more varied with lounge, acoustic and other genres being played.
- Address: 1 The Knolls, Capella Hotel, Sentosa
- Opening hours: Daily, 12pm to 12am.
- Contact no: +65 6377 8888 ( Capella Hotel)
- Average price of Drinks: ~SGD 18 to 29
Weekends are for dancing the night away. Get your groove on these happening nightclubs in Singapore.
5. Astor Bar
Astor Bar is luxurious, New York inspired jazz bar that’s found in St Regis Hotel, Singapore. It’s reminiscent of the elegant heydays of jazz, and even the interiors celebrate that. The bar features its resident jazz pianist, Ron Sinclair, who performs daily from 6pm until late.
- Address: St Regis, 29 Tanglin Road, Singapore
- Opening hours: Daily, 6pm to 1am
- Contact no.: +65 6506 6888 ( St Regis Hotel)
- Average price of Drinks: ~SGD 19 to 27
Bonus: Lewin Terrace
Lewin Terrace is a fine dining restaurant that serves fresh Japanese ingredients cooked in the French style. The restaurant is located in a colonial-style building and is popular for events like weddings. This is the place to take your special someone on a date night to remember. Twice a month, Lewin Terrace features jazz performances from up and coming musicians. Stay tuned to their Facebook page for the exact dates and times so that you can make a beeline there.
- Address: 21 Lewin Terrace, Fort Canning Park, Singapore
- Opening hours: Tuesdays to Sundays, 12pm to 3pm, 6.30pm to 11pm. Closed on Mondays
- Contact no: +65 6333 9905
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lewinterrace.sg/
- 7-course Dinner price: ~SGD 198/pax
Good music to spice up your evenings
Music is everywhere in Singapore. If you would like to get tickets to the latest jazz concerts and events, you can always book your tickets online via sites like StubHub and use our StubHub Cashback promotions to bring down your ticket prices further.
What is your favourite live music place in Singapore? Do you have a fav Singaporean band? Share it with us in the comments.
- 10 Bars In Singapore With The Cheapest Beer
A list for those looking for beer on a budget and some fun for the…
- 15 Things To Do In Singapore After Midnight
How adventurous are you when the clock strikes midnight? Have you actually star-gazing in Singapore?
- 5 Best Night Clubs in Singapore To Dance The Night Away
Singapore has a full and vibrant night life. Start your partying at these happening night…
- Best Ladies Night in Singapore - Free Drinks for Ladies!
Complimentary drinks, free entry and awesome music? Ladies night in Singapore is one of the…
Do you want to be a contributor?
Do you love to write and would like to see your work published here? Check how you can guest post here.