How To Change Or Cancel Your Hotel Bookings In Expedia
***Your Cashback will be forfeited in the event of any changing or cancellation of your hotel booking. Only amend your hotel bookings as a last resort and that you’re prepared to lose your Cashback!***
The country you’re headed to could be swallowed by a Tsunami or devastated by a meteor or bordered up due to an undead infection and thus, you’d like to change or cancel the hotel that you’ve booked.
Fair enough (actually, I don’t think you’ll be able to do anything with your hotel booking in a drastic case of Force Majeure such as those mentioned above). In any case, the point is, you’d like to change or cancel your hotel booking made on Expedia.
Here’s a step-by-step rundown on how to do it:
1. Log into your Expedia account.
2. Click on Manage Trips > Manage My Hotel
3. Click on the itinerary that contains the hotel booking you wish to change, to select it.
4. Click on ‘Change Reservation’ or ‘Cancel Room’ under ‘Manage Booking’
Click Edit next to any change you wish to make, and then make it.
Things to note:
1. Expedia may allow for you to change dates or cancel the room bookings, however, hotels may charge fees for date changes and cancellations (especially if the changes/cancellations made is within 48 hours before the time of hotel stay).
2. Most special requests can be done for free at the time of booking. However, do note that some requests (eg. early check-in/late check-out, extra bed, changing of room type) will incur extra charges to your booking.
3. If you don’t see Cancel Booking on the itinerary, it means you are no longer able to cancel the reservation because the cancellation period is over.
For more information, click here.
New to ShopBack?
ShopBack is an online shopping portal that helps you save money, every time you shop online! Earn up to 30% Cashback whenever you purchase items from over 500 of your favourite brands that’s available on our site. Best of all, our service is completely free! No sign up fees or monthly payments. The smarter way to shop is clear – with ShopBack.
Read other articles written by us!
Do you love to write and would like to see your work published here? Check how you can guest post here.