Your Durian Season Guide: Where and How To Get Your Durians!
The only season Singaporeans care about is Durian season. And this year is looking to be a great season! Many durian stall owners have revealed that due to the good weather this year, there is an abundance of durians from Pahang and Johor. This means only one thing: CHEAPER MAO SHAN WANG.
So, empty out your car trunk and stuff some old newspapers in it, cause we are about to go durian shopping!
Follow us on Telegram for the latest discounts and cashback upsizes!
1. Combat Durian
Combat Durian got its name when the owner, Mr Ang Seck Puan wanted to get his customers to ‘come back’. But due to a spelling error, the sign printed out Combat Durian. It has absolutely nothing to do with the military or fighting!
The only militaristic thing in Combat Durian is Mr Ang’s manner in selecting his durians. He is well known for being extremely picky in what he sells and this ensures you always buy top quality durians from him.
The stall has been around for more than 50 years and is located right beside the Goh Chor Tua Pek Kong Temple. You can’t go wrong with Combat Durian when even actor Chow Yun Fatt is a fan of them.
- Where: 249 Balestier Road, Singapore 329708
- Opening Hours: 12 pm – 9 pm (close when sold out)
- Contact: Check their Facebook for additional info about availability.
2. 99 Old Trees (99老树)
Located in the central region of Singapore, 99 Old Trees gets their durians directly delivered every day from a farm in Pahang, so you can be assured that the durians are fresh and of the high grade! They are best known for their omakase-style Durian Mousse. At only $5 a bowl, it has attracted fans of all ages.
They say food tastes better when the people making them are happy, and this stall just exudes that. The staff are warm, welcoming and extremely knowledgeable about their durians.
If you do drop by, feel free to bust out some durian questions you have, and they will gladly answer it.
- Where: 46 Owen Road, #01-277, Singapore 210046
- Opening Hours: 11.30 am – 11 pm every day (during Durian season)
- Contact: Check their website 99 Old Trees (99老树) or call them at 9822 2495 about availability.
3. Ah Seng Durian
Another reputable durian stall that has been around for decades is Ah Seng Durian in the west. Well known amongst the Westies for consistently delivering top quality durians, Ah Seng Durian should be your go-to stall if you are within the vicinity!
They even have their own Instagram page with 8k followers!
- Where: 20 Ghim Moh Rd, Ghim Moh Market #01-119 to #01-122, Singapore 270020
- Opening Hours: Mon – Fri: 1.30 pm – 8.30 pm, Sat & Sun: 1.30 pm – 6.30 pm.
- Contact: Check their Facebook or contact them at 9465 6160 about their durians!
4. Durian Kaki
As the durian selling tradition slowly fades, Durian Kaki is a light in the dark. Literally. Durian Kaki was started by a group of young durian lovers and it looks nothing like your traditional durian stall. Equipped with proper signboards lined with bright bulbs and an air-conditioned lobby, this store has garnered many fans ever since its opening in 2015.
And since you are buying the King of fruits, I guess Durian Kaki could be considered the King in the North eh?
- Where: Junction Nine, 18 Yishun Ave 9, #01-83, Singapore 768892 & Eastpoint Mall, 3 Simei Street 6, Singapore 528833
- Opening Hours: 11 am – 8 pm
- Contact: Check their website for prices and delivery!
5. Ah Di Dempsey Durian
When the Chef-owner of French Michelin-starred restaurant, Saint Pierre, recommends Ah Di Dempsey Durian, you best listen. Located in a quiet carpark along the Dempsey cluster at Tanglin (after Blk 7 on Dempsey Hill, turn right on the fork road into the carpark), this stall is well known for the wide variety of durians they sell.
This is a perfect spot for people who want an authentic durian eating session.
- Where: 7 Dempsey Road, 249684
- Opening Hours: 3 pm – 12 am
- Contact: Check their Facebook for updates and prices!
6. Online – Durian Delivery
As technology advances, so must durian selling. Duriandelivery.com is pretty straightforward, they deliver durians.
Duriandelivery can and will send the durians to you husked and ready to eat. By far one of the most extensive list of durians you can find online, they promise a 2 hour delivery time and with the partners they work with, you are paying for top quality fruits.
Check them out if you do not have time to get your durians yourself!
- Where: Delivers to the whole of Singapore
- Opening Hours: 10 am – 3 am
- Contact: Check their website for prices and delivery timings!
7. Marriot Tang Plaza Hotel
During every durian season, Marriott Café at Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel hosts a Durian High Tea Buffet that is sure to change your durian eating experience. Made with only high-grade Mao Shan Wang, dishes include Durian Red Bean Pudding, Durian Coconut Custard and even a Durian Roti John!
The price may be rather high at SGD$45++, but this is a definite ‘must try at least once’ experience! The Durian High Tea Buffet is available from 3 June till 31 July 2019.
- Where: Tang Plaza, 320 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238865
- Buffet Hours: 3 June – 31 July 2019, 3 pm – 5.30 pm
- Contact: Book your tables here!
8. Goodwood Park Hotel
Durian fans will definitely know of Goodwood Park Hotel’s yearly Durian Fiesta. Available from now till July 14, the fiesta features twelve different confections this year. Six signature favourites and six more for Singapore’s Bicentennial celebration!
One of this year’s most exciting item on the line up, the Mini D24 Ice Cream Bars in Assorted Flavours, is filled with creamy durian filling wrapped in four different flavours: Dark Chocolate, Almond, Cappuccino and Oreo. Get a box of four for the price of SGD $22!
These will make perfect gifts for friends, family and coworkers! If you wish to have a nice catch up session with your friends over some of these delights, they even offer a buffet session from SGD $39.80++ per person!
- Where: 22 Scotts Rd, Singapore 228221
- Fiesta Hours: Until 14 July, Lunch buffet: 12 pm – 2.30 pm, Dinner buffet: 6 pm – 10.30 pm
- Contact: Book your table! (for Buffet only)
9. Four Seasons Durians Restaurant
We all know and love Four Seasons Durians which has been around since the 1970s. Looking to evolve the way durian is used, Four Seasons has introduced treats like Durian Dome Mirror Cheesecake and Fantasy Mochi.
If you’re feeling more adventurous, try their Mao Shan Wang Durian Hotpot! It’s open 24 hours at Jewel Changi Airport so you have no excuse to miss out. Don’t forget to get cashback with ShopBack GO when you visit!
- Where: 78 Airport Boulevard, Jewel Changi Airport #B2-227, Singapore 819666
- Opening Hours: 24 hours
- Contact: Website
I am seriously surprised that we do not have a holiday for durians yet. After all, it is the KING of fruits and all Kings should have their holiday no?
Durian Price Dip! 7 Places To Get Your Durian Fix In Singapore!
Can't Get Enough Of Durian? Here's 10 Ways To Fuel Your Durian Obsession
Mooncake Guide: Where to Get Mooncakes That Will Take You to The Moon And Back
Do you love to write and would like to see your work published here? Check how you can guest post here.