Biggest Steals From The Last Sales Season: Based on Real Reviews by the Community
Massively reduced price points, dedicated holidays for specific products, and practically all major marketplaces going on a sales frenzy – there’s no better time to shop online than the coming months! We’ve asked Shopback’s The Smarter Way Community to share what were some of their best purchases of 2017 during the e-tail sale season, and this is what we’ve gathered!
Our savvy community knows a good deal when they see one and shop in all kinds of e-stores. Recently Amazon just concluded their annual Prime Day, check out one of our community members’ Prime Day haul with attached images below!
See something that you like? Bookmark this for reference in view of the sales bonanza in the months to come!
Best Deals by the Community
- Fashion: We see a sizable volume of people seizing year-end sale opportunities across the last months to revamp their wardrobe, most of them saving up to 50% or more of the original purchase price from fashion giants like Zalora. Most prominent holiday to shop for fashion seems to be on Singles’ Day.
- Electronics: Community members that purchased electronics capitalized on last year’s sales holidays to make their purchases more affordable. Savings ranged from S$100 in cash savings to over 50% on big-ticket electronics such as the PS4 Slim. Similarly, Singles’ Day seems to be most commonly patronized holiday for electronics such as phone, speakers and gaming consoles.
- Beauty & Cosmetics: Beauty products saw a surge in sales in the month of November, with purchases for makeup being the most popular amongst other cosmetic products. Average discount of these products seems to be in the ~30% range.
- Travel: As the final quarter of the year usually dictates school holidays and other festivities, travel-related purchases during last year’s sales holiday were also largely discounted – up to 20% or more in hotel bookings, flights and activities.
- Groceries: Daily necessity and grocery deals were also snagged during the year-end sales season. Our community saw differing discounts from a variety of merchants, including deals from the recently concluded Amazon Prime Day (check out image below), with up to 50% of discounts and freebies as rewards.
- Others: Home & living saw the biggest reduction and discount from the past purchases contributed by the community. Top deal provided by our community member saw an over 70% reduction in a home & living product, specifically from Taobao. Consumers also bought insurance online during last year’s sale season with lucrative promotions like S$45 Cashback and cash cards from respective insurance companies.
Year-End Sales: What the Community Purchased
High-value electronics such as the Dyson Hair Dryer and PS4 Slim saw a significant price slash during one of these sale holidays. Sale Holiday to take note in respect to electronics seems to be Cyber Monday as the name suggests, but expect price reductions across the entire sales quarter.
Fashion products of all price points seem to be the name of the game during the entirety of this sales festivity. Our community members also bought from a range of fashion merchants during this sales period, further displaying the choices of merchants you can potentially choose from this upcoming quarter. About ~40% of savings was observed on apparels and accessories as compared to regular priced items.
3. Beauty & Cosmetics
Likewise, beauty products were also a big hit with. Products such as fragrances are usually lower than retail only at duty-free outlets but come this quarter’s sales season, one can expect even greater than usual discounts at all major marketplaces.
The recent surge of online-grocers has encouraged the buying behaviour in that category. Known to be already marginally cheaper than retail, sales season is when prices plunge for groceries.
Image Credit: The Smarter Way Community
A member of our community also reaped in a mountain worth of products from the recently concluded Amazon’s Prime Day. E-tailers often throw in attractive offers or discounts but in this case – a good bulk of freebies were thrown in to compliment the timely purchase.
Traditionally, travel-related purchases would usually be the most expensive ones anyone would make online but come sales season, airlines and booking sites are likely to follow the trend of the e-commerce industry and go on a discount spree too.
6. Others – Home & Living and Insurance
It’s only recently that unconventional products became widely-available online, such as the purchase of furniture and insurance plans. Major marketplaces are the main carrier of such products and as the trend follows, one can expect major price reductions in the months to come.
Key Takeaway – Shop Smart This Sales Season
If last year’s sales are any indication of what’s to come this year – then you’re in for a treat. This might be the only time of the year when it’s actually worth putting your purchases on hold for. With the impending sales fever hitting our shores in the coming months, our recommendation is to bookmark your favourite online merchants and products so that you’ll be the first to hear about any incoming sales.