Best Credit Card for Miles That’ll Take You Closer to Your Dream Holiday
For those who love to fly, the answer is clear for the cashback vs air miles credit card debate. Air miles can be redeemed for discounts, flight upgrades and sometimes even your entire airfare!
With the following credit cards, you can turn your average, daily spendings into redeemable flight mileage. This means more savings and an affordable luxurious travelling experience! Here, ShopBack rounds up 5 the best credit cards for air miles for you to get one step closer to that dream holiday!
Read more: 7 Best Credit Card Sign-up Promotions (Free Luggage, Air Miles and Cashback!)
Citi PremierMiles Visa Card
One of the most popular air miles card for Singaporeans, the Citi PremierMiles Visa Card definitely dishes out some of the best miles rewards.
These Citi Miles are redeemable at over 60 partnership airlines and up to 8,000 hotel properties. There are also several benefits like up to $1 million complimentary travel insurance and worldwide cash withdrawal.
With no minimum spending needed and no expiry date on the Citi Miles you earn, this is a great card for the steady spenders. Even if you don’t get to fly, you can also exchange Citi Miles for cash rebates.
Benefits of the Citi PremierMiles Visa Card
- S$1 = 1.2 miles on local spend
- S$1 = 2 miles on overseas spending
- 14% off petrol spend at Esso and Shell
- 5% cashback on online shopping charges
- Travel protection with Travel Accident Insurance, Medical Assistance Program and Travel Inconvenience Coverage
- Enjoy 2 complimentary access to over hundreds of Priority Pass airport lounges annually
- Get deals on shopping, dining or traveling with CITI World Privileges
- Citi Miles never expire and no cap on annual miles accrual
- Annual card fee of S$192.60, and earn 10,000 Citi Miles upon membership renewal
- For new Citi Credit Card members, up to 30,000 bonus miles when you apply and spend within first 3 months (15,000 miles) + when you spend a total of S$10,000 within first 3 months (15,000 miles). Alternatively, get your first year annual fee waived.
- ShopBack Exclusive: earn additional $30 Cashback
- Ends 25 Dec 2017: earn 50% more miles on overseas spend over long weekends
- Ends 31 Dec 2017: earn up to 6 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on Agoda‘s Bonus Miles section, or earn 10 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on Kaligo
- Ends 28 Feb 2018: earn 3 Citi Miles per S$1 on Expedia‘s Bonus Rewards section
DBS Altitude Visa Card
With the DBS Altitude Visa Card, you can earn up to 3 miles with every dollar spent and it is dubbed ‘Singapore’s fastest-earning miles card’. The spendings are accumulated in DBS Points, which are then redeemable for miles at 2 miles/1 DBS Point. Get bonus miles of 10,000 when you pay to have your DBS credit card renewed.
The minimum annual income requirement for sign-up is S$30,000 and above for Singaporeans and PRs, making it one of the more accessible credit cards on this list.
Benefits of the DBS Altitude Visa Card
- S$1 = 3 miles on online flight & hotel transactions on sites like Singapore Airlines, Agoda and more. The additional DBS Points awarded is capped at S$5,000 spend per calendar month.
- S$1 = 2 miles on overseas spending in foreign currency
- S$1 = 1.2 miles on local spend
- 24-hour DBS Altitude Butler Service, anywhere in the world
- Up to S$1M Travel Accident Insurance Coverage
- Annual card fee of S$192.60 waived for the first year
- Enjoy 2 complimentary Global Airport Lounge Access within each 12-month period of Priority Pass Membership, only for the DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card
Current Promotions for the DBS Altitude Visa Card
- Ends 31 Dec 2017: earn up to 10 miles/$1 spend at Kaligo, ends Dec 2017
- Ends 31 Mar 2018: earn up to 6 miles/$1 spend at Expedia, ends Mar 2018
American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card
For fans of Singapore Airlines, the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer credit card will be a great card for you. Turning your spending directly into KrisFlyer miles, this makes mileage redemption hassle-free. All you have to do is to track your mileage via your KrisFlyer account. Like the DBS Altitude Card, the minimum annual income required is S$30,000 per annum, making it a popular card for many Singaporeans.
Benefits of the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card
- S$1 = 1 KrisFlyer mile, on all eligible purchases in local spend
- S$1 = 1 KrisFlyer mile, on all eligible purchases during June and December in foreign spend
- S$1 = 1 KrisFlyer for ever dollar spent on Gran and Uber rides, accumulative up to S$200 each calendar month
- Up to S$350,000 Travel Inconvenience & Travel Accident Benefits
- Annual card fee of SGD$176.55 is waived for the first year
- Enjoy up to 50% savings with ‘American Express Selects’, including a wide selection of restaurants within and beyond Singapore
- Earn 2,000 KrisFlyer miles upon a successful friend referral or the card; your friend also receives 1,500 KrisFlyer miles
- Earn 5,000 KrisFlyer miles bonus when you charge to your card for the first time
Current promotions the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card
- ShopBack Exclusive: $50 ShopBack Cashback
- Ends 31st Dec 2017: earn 7,500 KrisFlyer miles when you spend S$2,500 within the first 3 months of successful application. The application has to be approved by the deadline.
- Ends 31 June 2018: receive S$150 cashback for next purchase on Singapore Air website when you spend S$12,000 on eligible purchases
UOB PRVI Miles Card
The UOB PRVI Miles Card – American Express, World MasterCard, and VISA – is a card that offers one of the highest local and overseas earning rates around.
With a requirement of an annual income of S$80,000 and above, the UOB PRVI Miles Card is one of the more premium credit cards on this list but could prove to be a valuable card for big spenders.
Benefits of the UOB PRVI Miles Card
- S$1 = 1.4 miles on local spend
- S$1 = 2.4 miles on overseas spend
- UOB PRVI Travel Butler services at 6302 5993
- Annual card fee of S$256.80 is waived for the first year
- Personal accident and travel inconvenience insurance coverage of up to S$1,000,000
- UNI$ is redeemable for flight miles from over 40 airlines, cash or travel packages
Current promotions for the UOB PRVI Miles Card
- For new UOB Cardholders: earn 12,000 welcome miles upon successful application and spending S$4,000 within 60 days
- For UOB PRVI Miles American Express Card: earn 20,000 loyalty miles every year with minimum spend of S$50,000 in a year + up to 8 complimentary airport transfers to Changi Airport in a year
- ShopBack Exclusive: earn additional $30 Cashback
- Ends 31 Dec 2017: earn 6 miles/S$1 spent on booking through UOB Travel partners or Agoda via their PRVI Miles page
- Ends 31 Mar 2018: earn 6 miles/S$1 spent on booking through Expedia’s PRVI Miles page
HSBC Revolution Card
One of the more accessible cards on this list, the HSBC Revolution Card has an attractive 5X Rewards programme when spending online, on dining and entertainment categories.
5000 accumulated Reward points can be redeemed for 2000 flight mileage on their partnership flyer programmes. HSBC also partners up with several sites for year-round promotions, so it’s definitely worth checking out if you have no idea where to start for air mile credit cards.
Perks of the HSBC Revolution Card
- S$1 = 2 miles on local spend in online, dining and entertainment categories via their 5X Rewards scheme
- Earn 1 Rewards point with every S$1 you spend on all other transactions.
- Reward points are redeemable for milage on Singapore Airlines Krisflyer and Asia Mile
- Petrol savings with 14%-16% discounts at Shell and Caltex, as well as up to 6% cash rebates at either petrol stations
- Annual card fee of SGD$161 is waived for the first 2 years, and waived with a minimum annual spending of S$12,500 thereafter
- HSBC rewards valid for 37 months
- For new HSBC credit card sign-ups, get either an American Tourister Caravan 70cm TSA luggage or S$120 cashback + S$20 cash back with supplementary card sign up + S$20 cash back when you sign up online
- Discounts on travel-related bookings via Expedia as well as other online shopping sites
Read more: Best Credit Cards with Airport Lounge Access to Travel in Style & Comfort
That rounds up our list of the best credit cards for air miles. Which ones do you have, and what other credit cards do you recommend? Let us know!