Best Buffets in Johor Bahru Under SGD$20 Worth Travelling to JB For
Johor Bahru is one of the most popular getaway destinations for Singaporeans. Why, you ask? Undeniably because of their food!
Here’s a list of buffet restaurants you need to try in Johor Bahru!
Read more: The Ultimate Johor Bahru Travel Guide
1. Cafe BLD
Cafe BLD, located in Renaissance Hotel has been featured many times for their amazing buffet. They offer a wide variety of local and international cuisines ranging from Chinese, Malay, Indian, Western and Japanese.
You’ll be able to get fresh seafood a their seafood counter, like prawns and oysters. Cafe BLD has a open cooking station concept, for you to interact with chefs and also able to see how they cook your meals, like their noodle station and barbecue/ satay station.
Cafe BLD’s staff will also be pushing food carts around as “Dinner Pass Around” for dishes like rojak, ham and salad, and even grilled lamb!
- Opening Hours: 6 am – 10 pm Daily
Breakfast – Adult : RM47++ / Kids : RM24++
Lunch on Weekdays – Adult : RM63++ / Kids : RM30++
Weekends – Adult : RM70++ / Kids : RM33++
Dinner on Weekdays – Adult : RM82++ / Kids : RM40++
Weekends – Adult : RM99++ / Kids : RM48++
- Address: Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, No. 2, Jalan Permas 11, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, Johor, 81750 Masai, Malaysia
2. Myeong Dong BBQ Buffet
Myeong Dong BBQ Buffet is an All-You-Can-Eat traditional Korean barbecue restaurant, serving a range of marinated pork, kimchi soup, noodles and vegetables.
The restaurant is located at Taman Mount Austin, Johor Bahru. Adults pay RM22 per head for the buffet whereas kids eat at RM12 per person! What a bargain!
Image credit: Myeong Dong Bbq Buffet | Facebook
The grill on the table is also accompanied by a pot for you to cook noodles with kimchi soup. You’re also eligible to redeem free ice cream for dessert!
- Opening Hours: Weekdays only 12 pm – 10 pm
- Price: RM 22 for Adults / RM 12 for Children
- Address: 8/7, 58-01, Jalan Austin Heights 3, Taman Mount Austin, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
3. Guo Ma Taiwan Steamboat
Guo Ma is located at Jalan Besar, Kulai, Johor. The restaurant is owned by Taiwanese, hence the Taiwanese style steamboat and street food.
Diners are advised to reserve tables in advance to avoid disappointment. Guo Ma is famous for their special sauce that they created and they even provide instructions to make the sauce on a cardboard on the wall.
You’ll be given 2 choices of soup to be boiled in the pot, access to the self-service buffet and ala carte buffet at the counters. Be treated to a wide variety of ingredients and dishes served at the restaurant. They are even cleverly stacked up so you can take as much as you want without worry about running out of table space.
- Opening Hours: 12 am – 11 pm Daily
Lunch – Adult RM22.90+ / Child RM10.90+
Dinner – Adult RM29.90+ / Child RM15.90+
- Address: 79, Jalan Bunga Raya, Taman Kulai, 81000 Kulai, Johor, Malaysia
4. Makan Kitchen
Makan Kitchen is a restaurant located at Double Tree Hotel, Johor Bahru. The restaurant has very beautiful interiors and a multicultural buffet.
Makan Kitchen offers Malay, Chinese, Indian, Peranakan, Kristang and Iban delights for people who want a true taste of Malaysian cuisine! The restaurant can accommodate a large number of people and has three private rooms as well.
Ravage into their seafood counter and dig in to their wide selection of desserts and juice bar as well!
- Opening Hours: 6.30 am – 10.30 pm Daily
- Price: Best of Malaysia Buffet – RM 108 nett
- Address: Menara Landmark, 12, Jalan Ngee Heng, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Tanba is a Japanese barbecue restaurant in Taman Molek, Johor Bahru. They are open daily from 12pm to 12am and on Fridays and Saturdays, they open till 2am.
Tanba uses a square cooking hearth for its barbeque that is said to be used in ancient Japan. They offer a variety of seafood, pork, chicken, beef, lamb, ostrich and venison that are highly recommended by regulars.
Customers are given 2 hours to order, but no time limit to eat. Other than meat they also serve sashimi, sushi, soup and dessert.
- Opening Hours: Sunday – Thursday 12 pm – 12 am / Friday and Saturday 12 pm – 2 am
Monday – Sunday Dinner: RM88+ per pax
Monday – Friday Lunch: RM68+ per pax
- Address: 31, Jalan Molek 3/20,, Taman Molek, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Excited for a weekend trip to JB? Book cheap coach and bus tickets to JB on Easybook and take a day trip to Johor Bahru or stay over at 8 Best Budget Hotels in Johor Bahru That Cost Under $50 Per Night.
- Travel To Africa: Black Panther Filming Locations That Are as Good as Wakanda
- 8 Tips to Prepare For Retirement (And Get Richer in The Meantime!)
- Online Grocery Shopping Re-Imagined: 5 Reasons to Join The Redmart Revolution
- Best Flea Markets In Singapore To Visit All Year Round
- Onsen in Singapore: Where To Go and What To Expect