15 Awesome Airbnb Homes For an Authentic Stay in Asia
How to book an Airbnb home
- Go over to Airbnb page and search for your desired destination. Choose the options “Homes”.
- Key in your stay period to check what are the homes available during those days.
- Don’t forget to select the number of guests that will be staying with you.
- Filter the results based on your preferences. Do you have a specific budget in mind? Adjust the price bar. Do you prefer a full house for yourself or a shared room will be sufficient? You can also select the amenities you need in your place of choice. Consider features like wifi, laundry and equipped kitchen, for example.
- Check all the photos of the place of your choice.
- You don’t have to feel unsure about staying in someone else’s place. You can check the reviews of previous guests to get more insights into the home and the owner. If you want to be sure that you choose a great place, filter your results by ‘SuperHost’. A Superhost is a verified host by Airbnb who has a high number of 5-star reviews. This way you can be sure to have a great experience.
- Once you made your choice, you can see the total price (price of the nights + any other fees) on the right sidebar. Click “Book” and you will be directed to a page to fill up the details of the guests staying with you and send a message to the host to introduce yourself.
- After payment, you should receive a confirmation from the host about your stay.
Pro Tip: If you book through ShopBack, you will get $5 Cashback. You only need to spend a minimum of SGD $125.
Advantages of choosing one of these Airbnb homes
- You get to stay in a real place owned by real people. If the hotel experience feels a tad impersonal to you, Airbnb is the other best option. Airbnb hosts are usually very welcoming and willing to tell you about their city, sometimes even showing you around. That makes a trip a lot more memorable.
- Clear pricing: Even before booking an Airbnb home, you know the exact breakdown of the costs: how much is room charge, how much is the cleaning fee, and how much is the deposit amount. It is clear and upfront.
- Assurance of quality: Airbnb makes sure all hosts meet a certain standard of quality. All guests are encouraged to leave honest and accurate feedback about their hosts. You have these reviews to help you make a decision and get a more accurate perspective of what to expect of the home and the host. A host that doesn’t meet Airbnb’s criteria and gets too many negative reviews, gets kicked out of the platform.
- Interesting unique locations: You know that quaint little neighbourhood in Tokyo you want to visit, that boathouse in Amsterdam or that house up in the Himalayas you always dreamt of staying. This kind of experiences is possible to have with Airbnb. Their extensive homes database include pretty awesome locations and types of homes. From ryokans to treehouses, it is your choice.
- Meet new people. You always have a host so even if you don’t get to meet them in person, they are usually pretty open to communicate and share any info you might want. If you get to spend some time with your hosts, even better. Airbnb gives you that ‘live like a local’ feel.
- Cost-effectiveness: If you need a place to stay with a group, Airbnb homes can be a cheaper option since you can stay together in a house or apartment big enough to fit everyone as opposed to book a hotel room for every 2/3 people. In terms of comfort, Airbnb homes are great options for a family with kids.
Airbnb Homes That Are Truly Asian – Where to stay?
Now that you know what to expect, it is time to pick a location for your next trip. Here is a rundown of the top Airbnb homes in Asia to check out for a more memorable and authentic stay all over Asia.
1. JungleRoom’s Home, Bali, Indonesia
Spend your most-awaited vacation in Bali at JungleRoom’s Home. This extraordinary Sumatran Karo house is located in the lush jungle of Canggu. If you’re an adventurous type of person, then staying in this unique traditional accommodation is a brilliant idea. You’ll feel the active and tropical vibe and be able to rest well, too. Also included in your stay here are daily yoga and healthy breakfast.
- Price: 126 SGD per night
- Location: Kuta Utara, Bali, Indonesia
2. Manu’s Home, Kerala, India
Stay at Manu’s Home when in Kerala. This backwater-facing home is run by a family who is extremely accommodating and nice. Situated in a peaceful village between Cochin and Alleppey, you can enjoy the tranquillity and beauty of the backwaters. Each room has a beautiful porch with stunning views. You’ll definitely have a quiet and relaxing stay here, so better check this out when in the region. Not to mention, the owners can arrange a fun backwater boat tour for you.
- Price: from 48 SGD per night
- Location: Kodamthuruth, Kerala, India
3. Hibiscus Beach Retreat, Sabah
Wake up to a spectacular view of the South China Sea. Nestled in a small cliff top, Hibiscus Beach Retreat takes pride in its exclusivity, barefoot luxury, and privacy. It is a one-bedroom self-contained chalet ideal for small families or couples who simply want to loosen up for days. Nothing beats enjoying your time on a secluded beach like this one and being able to completely unwind. In addition, there are numerous activities you can do while here, such as jungle trekking, snorkelling, mountain biking, and swimming. It’s definitely a one-of-a-kind Sabah escapade with your loved ones!
- Price: from 200 SGD per night
- Location: Kudat, Sabah, Malaysia
4. The Artist’s Studio, Jaipur, India
Take a breather at The Artist’s Studio in Jaipur. Strategically located near the bars, restaurants, and awe-inspiring spots, this sculptor’s studio transformed into a cosy bedroom is the best accommodation to book in the area. With its comfy bed, green private terrace, as well as astounding pieces of art, you’re sure to have a wonderful stay here. It is perfect for both solo travellers and couples out there, so highly consider it when in Jaipur.
- Price: from 57 SGD per night
- Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
5. Himalayan Home, Manali, India
Are you up for an unusual kind of trip? Go see the Himalayan Home in Manali. Known as The Valley of the Gods, this 2,000-meter high property, surrounded by enchanting waterfalls, snow-capped mountains, and green valleys, is meant for all nature lovers. In fact, the only way to get here is by walking through the steep mountain path for 40-50 minutes. Yes, you’ve read it right! There is no road access going here, that’s why you need to walk before reaching the house. In case you’d want to go for an adventure, then this could be it.
- Price: from 43 SGD per night
- Location: Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India
6. Daisuke and Hila’s Home, Fujieda, Japan
Book a traditional house in Fujieda to experience an authentic Japanese-style living. Daisuke and Hila’s Home offers a unique experience to every visitor. Surrounded by bamboo forests, mountains, and green tea fields, this 94-year old home has been renovated to accommodate various guests. It is now a spacious traditional Japanese house with three bedrooms, two living rooms, a bathroom, small garden, kitchen, and an outside deck.
- Price: from 145 SGD per night
- Location: Fujieda, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
7. Snow’s Home, Shanghai Shi, China
Have an awesome stay at Snow’s Home in Shanghai Shi! If you like to experience the old-style Shikumen architecture and Shanghai lifestyle, then this is your top choice. It is one of the biggest classic Shikumen houses in the French Concession Area that offers a really comfortable accommodation. There are a lot of fascinating spots you can see on foot from here since its location is totally perfect.
- Price: from 47 SGD per night
- Location: Xuhui Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
8. Rice Barn and Rooms, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Have you ever dreamt of staying in a Teak House? It’s possible in Chiang Mai, specifically at the rustic Rice Barn and Rooms! Book now for a relaxing private home spot with your family or friends. You’ll surely have a great stay here as it offers everything you need in an Airbnb home, and even more. It has a swimming pool, a garden, and a coffee shop too. Additionally, you can request different tours and they will arrange it for you. Certainly, it is a home away from home.
- Price: from 80 SGD per night
- Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
9. Oyuntsetseg’s Home, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life and visit Mongolia. Stay at Oyuntsetseg’s Home in Ulaanbaatar for an unforgettable trip with your loved ones. Run by a Mongolian nomadic family, you’ll feel welcomed once you’re here. A Mongolian traditional Ger awaits you in a small farm, so better make the most of your vacation. Note that you’ll be picked up by the owner or you may opt to come by yourself. If you want to wander around, simply ask the owners and they will take you to some places.
- Price: from 67 SGD per night
- Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
10. Zhe’s Home, Wenzhou, China
Head over Wenzhou for a fantastic experience in China. Book Zhe’s Home to have a convenient and quirky place to stay. It is conveniently situated in the most prosperous area in Wenzhou, so you’re sure to have something worthwhile to do outside your accommodation. This house also has a small loft, tea room, and calligraphy reading corner. A Chinese kind of living at its finest!
- Price: from 46 SGD per night
- Location: Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
11. Glass Cottage, Surat Thani, Thailand
Experience an authentic vacation at the Glass Cottage in Surat Thani. This unique accommodation has three glass walls with majestic ocean views, stylish furnishings, and a tropical atmosphere. Located on a quiet hillside, this Airbnb home offers a serene escape for everyone. Its tranquil vibe will definitely make you feel rejuvenated as you’ll get closer to nature. Moreover, it is just a short walk from the town, so you can tour around and shop as well.
- Price: from 75 SGD per night
- Location: Ko Pha-ngan, Surat Thani, Thailand
12. Templer Park Rainforest Retreat, Selangor, Malaysia
Be one with nature and head to Templer Park Rainforest Retreat in Rawang, Selangor. Only 30 minutes drive away from the city centre, you can easily reach this stunning retreat house perched on a hilltop. A 360-degree view of the Kanching Rainforest Reserve awaits you, so get ready for the sweeping scenery. There are two houses here, the Villa and the Container. These two are 60-meters apart and covered by shrubs and trees for privacy. Also, there are outdoor kitchen and BBQ spot, infinity pool, barrel sauna, and trampoline available here.
- Price: from 335 SGD per night
- Location: Rawang, Selangor, Malaysia
13. Genie’s Hanok, Seoul, South Korea
Relax at Genie’s Hanok when in Seoul. This Korean traditional house in the Hanok conservation area was originally built in 1934 and reconstructed in 2012. It fits three to four persons and is just a five-minute walk to the popular Gyeongbokgung Palace and Presidential Residence. Everything you’re looking for in a Korean accommodation can be found here, as it offers all you need. Rest assured, you’re going to have a great stay at Genie’s Hanok.
- Price: from 247 SGD per night
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
14. Sagada Heritage Village, Sagada, The Philippines
Escape to the hustle and bustle of city life and go to Sagada. There’s no place like this one in the Philippines so be sure to check it out. Sleeping in an authentic traditional hut is a great experience, so grab this opportunity when in Sagada Heritage Village. Since there are different traditional huts for rent, all you have to do is choose one that suits your preferences. Moreover, the people are very accommodating and they offer tours to explore more this scenic destination.
- Price: from 41 SGD per night
- Location: Sagada, Mountain Province, Philippines
15. Chhotaram & Mamata’s Home, Rajasthan, India
Enjoy your India trip by booking a stay at Chhotaram & Mamata’s Home. Away from the touristy area, this home lets you experience the real environment where a local family lives. Situated in Salawas, this Airbnb home offers a contemporary stay to all visitors. You’ll have a taste of what it’s really like to live in India, so try it at least once in your life.
- Price: from 53 SGD per night
- Location: Salawas, Rajasthan, India
We want only the best homes in Asia
Indeed, Asia is full of comfy and nice accommodations ideal for everyone. Take into consideration these Airbnb homes mentioned above for a truly rewarding escapade with your loved ones. Also, don’t forget to score some Cashback on your Airbnb bookings today for a more enjoyable and money-saving trip.
Do you know other amazing Airbnb homes to stay? Share your favourites in the comment section below!
Featured Image Credit: Phương Nguyễn | flickr.com
New to Airbnb? What I Wish I Knew Before I Started Booking Airbnb
Vacation Rentals How-To Guide: Why You Should Be Booking One For Your Holiday
In "Flights and Hotels"
Trouble Finding An Airbnb in Japan? Love Hotels Might Be a Better Option
Do you love to write and would like to see your work published here? Check how you can guest post here.